8/17/2009

Roving Imp

Dictionary Soup show Friday night...always a blast. I even got to play in a short form show before DS and that was equally fun. It was a random show, where we spun a wheel and whatever number it landed on...that was the short form game we played. We ended up playing some that I have never done, or haven't played in a very long time, and it made me realize how much fun short form is, and how much I miss it sometimes.

As for the DS show, John and I keep getting better suited to each other's style. We even had a conversation about how 2 person improv really depends on the two people on stage. Some people might not blend well, and some do. John and I really do. It's impossible to explain, because each show really is different. There are not any set rules to our show, you just have to trust me and come and see one for yourself.

We have been practicing this for 2 years, and performing it for a little over a year. Consistently, since January, we have done this show every month and I can really tell how consistency helps a show get better over time. The show has gone through some ups and downs, and we have really learned from it. It's nice to have a space where we can put on our show to learn what makes it the best show possible.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

As far as I can tell, it just keeps going up. not down. up up up... not to be shania twain... :D