8/19/2009

Record Bar Show

Had a great show last night with IA and the T5's at the Record Bar. Another good turnout and we both put on solid shows. I have to say, what impressed me the most was the support from other improvisers. Practically the whole Roving Imp clan made it out, and most of the Anomaly Orange people were there as well.

Playing in a bar is always an interesting venture, but Jared and Ed set it up so that we are there on a Tuesday night at 7 before anyone coming to see a concert shows up. So we don't have anyone there that just wants to talk and drink, most everyone came for the show.

They have had 2 total shows there now and both have been well attended. Hopefully there are more in the future.

I think I have talked about this before but I will again anyway. I really think a huge key to well attended shows is a joint effort from 2-3 groups. I personally think that a group who performs once a month for a year would have a better turnout if they shared that bill with a different group every month. The audience would see something different every time, and each group would play to a bigger crowd.

1 comment:

Jared Brustad said...

Barprov is alive and well.