1/14/2008

I hope you had the time of your life

I can't say enough about the show on Saturday. Improv Thunderdome was a huge success. Not only did it sell out, but the audience had an absolute blast. More importantly, most everyone that was involved went out afterwards to the lovely McCoy's and shared in the excitement. The improv community got a little bit bigger Saturday.
7pm came around as Jared and Ed hit the stage with a vengeance. They kicked the night off right with a great 2 man show. (Quick side note: Big thank you to Chris Sumpter and his wife for trying to come to the show, I am terribly sorry it was sold out. If you ever plan on coming to another show in the future, let me know, and I will get you in for sure!) 9pm came around even quicker as Tommy and I started to warm up in the back.
I have to say that we were both very pleased with our piece. Of course there could have been things that we could have done better, but I really am proud that we went out there and kicked off the entire thunderdome. We played to an audience that was not entirely there to see us or cheer for us, and I feel that they really liked us. Tommy is a great guy to work with, the show was a blast, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. (Special thanks to Trish Berrong, Jared Brustad, and Tommy Todd for helping me to break out of my typical character molds.)
Congratulations to the winners Loaded Dice. They put on a great show and there were no slow moments, it was all fast and funny. If you missed it, I am terribly sorry, you missed history being made. Lesson learned that evening, make reservations for all 3 of the next installments. The championship in April is already selling fast.

Now it is time to get back to the normal routine since Tommy and I lost, but I have a feeling this will not be the last time we try a 2 man show again.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

I wish we could have gotten in, but we went on over to Comedy City, and saw a decent show with Pete Calderone, Doughboy, Clancy, etc. That place is getting pricey; no wonder they cancel shows.