1/19/2008

3 seperate posts all rolled into one

Well poop. I may have to put Roving Imp on another hiatus. IA has received an offer to perform at a stand-up venue called Famous Johnny's. It used to be Stanford and Son's located near 435 and Metcalf. We would perform weekly on Wednesday nights for an hour and a half. They average about 50 people on Wednesday nights, so this is a great opportunity to grow some awareness of improv here in KC. Not to mention a great gig for IA. I will definitely keep you all up to date about this opportunity when we learn more about it.

It seems that the improv Gods are keeping me from performing with Roving Imp, but you never know what may happen in the future.

It was very hard for Tommy and I to get together over the holidays, what with Thunderdome rehearsal and all the other holiday events. We are finally getting together today to try and record up to 3 new video ideas. Then it will all depend on the editing process to see when another one will be uploaded. As soon as they are ready, I will definitely post them here.

Meetings for the Kansas City Improv Festival are going to be starting up soon. I am taking a much more responsible role when it comes to the workshops this year. Last year, they were a little unorganized from the the standpoint of signing in. Also, I think this year I will print out a class list for all of the teachers so they have a list of the names of their students. (Corey this is where you could make any suggestions to help me make it better for you as a teacher) We may even try to have classes split up into beginner, intermediate, and advanced this year...we'll see.

No comments: