1/22/2008

Not a kissing up post

Pete Calderone's last show was Saturday at Comedy City. What a way to go out. Pete, sadly, had to ref the show. He had the task of handling 15 drunk bachelors, that's right, bachelors. It was a tough task, but Pete was great at maintaining their level of enjoyment, along with the other dozen (quiet) audience members. Well done Pete, glad I could be a part of it. As for the Monkey's show. Sold out, lots of improvisers in attendance, and a great show all around. I can't wait to see Pete in better shows such as Tantrum, On The Spot, or heck, even coaching more. (and whatever else he has up his sleeve) At least now he never has to worry about being able to do what he wants without answering to anyone. Congrats on the 14 years at Comedy City Pete. I wish you nothing but the best in the years to come. (You have my vote for hosting the upcoming festival!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then you'll be happy to know that Pete will be in the On the Spot! cast with you on February 2!

Anonymous said...

I think Pete got totally screwed over with having to host his last show. But, considering how he who must not be named operates, I guess it's not a total surprise.

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Thanks Keith and Tracy. I appreciate the sentiment, but I never expected special treatment my entire time at CC, so receiving it on my final night would have felt odd to say the least. It was a tough balancing act keeping the bachelor party entertained and semi-inline while trying not to ignore the rest of the audience. For the record, Keith, we ended up with 50 people for that show. Yes, we doubled the reservations. Sad, I know.

Regardless, I am looking forward to getting to actually perform with you, Ryan, Sean, Tommy, and possibly Joe or Nathan. By the way, you should show up for the final games night at the club this coming Monday night.