10/22/2007

Last CounterClockwiseComedy Show

Saturday was the best crowd I have seen for a show in a long time. The sketches, improv, and stand-up all went over very well. We even had a great write-up in the Kansas City Star's Shawnee Neighborhood News section that came out the day of the show. I think that helped the crowd a lot. However, it was my last show. In one of my first blogs I mentioned that I was planning on quitting a few groups in order to focus on one or two of them. Well, Counter Clockwise had to be the one. I must say it is great to go out on a high. I started that group with Bess and Wade in order to try some stand-up, some long form, and try my hand at owning my very own group. I am very glad that I tried it and I learned a lot from doing it.

Luckily, Improv-Abilities is headed in a better direction than they have been lately, which made my decision even easier. And of course there are some more things on the horizon that I want to be able to put more focus on. The Kansas City Improv Festival, City 3, and I may even be trying me hand at some videos and some 2 person long form.

So, where does that leave me. I am still with Comedy City and Improv-Abilities. I am also still on the City 3 board, but who knows how long that will last. After the new year I may rejoin Roving Imp theater, because I still believe that John has a great thing going there. Overall, I feel very comfortable with my decision, and of course I will keep you all posted on any other changes that may soon be coming.

1 comment:

sugarbumkin said...

Oh, we would love to have you back at the Imp sometime! Don't kill your schedule for us, though. We had a meeting akin to the one you had at IA (can't imagine why...) and we're hoping to get some publicity and AUDIENCES out of this. I wonder what kind of crowds we'll get with Hype 7?