11/11/2008

Saturday Show

John and I had another Dictionary Soup show. I have to say that 2 person improv is some of the most fun improv I have ever done, but also the hardest. We also had the show recorded so that we can go back and see what worked and what didn't.

I can already tell what worked for the audience, quick edits, callbacks that happen 15 minutes later than expected, and anything John does.

What doesn't work is standing and talking in a scene. Especially if the talking isn't even moving the scene forward. I bet John and I will have a greater understanding of this after we watch the video.

On top of that, I heard that Tantrum is having great shows, Loaded Dice had a good show, CCC had a good show, and Makeshift Militia had a great show this weekend. I am just proud that there were more than one or two groups performing this weekend. Hope that continues to catch on.

No comments: