11/19/2008

IA Rehearsal

We are still getting comfortable with our organic long form. It is hard to rehearse every week when one or two or more of your group is missing. How can we get that group mind? I am not mad that people can't show up sometimes, trust me, I understand that life gets in the way of improv. I just know that it is necessary to rehearse consistently if you really do want to get better as a group, and I am pretty sure that is one of IA's goals.

It still went well, we have auditions coming up next Saturday with a workshop happening this Saturday. For all the info go to kcimprov.com or find us on facebook.

Tommy might be moving, so who knows what is going to happen with the videos that we have done, and want to do in the future. We'll just wait and see what happens with that.

Also, I have joined a new/old venture with Jared Brustad and Ed Doris called Bare TV. When I know everything about it, I will post it here. I am very excited to be doing this show starting in 2009 though.

2 comments:

Jill said...

There's a principle in Open Space Technology that says "Whoever comes are the right people." That helps me not freak out about who is at rehearsal and who is not. I just pretend that this is a special committee organized to work on what we're going to work on tonight.

http://www.peace.ca/ost.htm

improvclown said...

I hope I don't come off as preachy. I actually want everyone there because I value everyone in our group. I feel like if they miss out, then I am missing out as well. You did read between the lines and see that I was "freaking out" though. Dang you Jill. Thanks for the link, I will read it and work on the idea of the "right people."