9/08/2008

Kansas City Improv Festival

Dan Izzo and crew looked like they had fun, Dan Walsh and crew looked like they had a blast, Jill Bernard always looks like she is having fun, and the Der Monkenpickel guys definitely had fun. Is there a theme here?

The whole weekend was a blast. The shows, the people, the workshops, and of course...the after parties...and the after after parties by the river.

I now know why I do this, improv is fun. If you over think it, it becomes not fun. So, I plan on doing that this weekend, I am not going to think about how the show is going to be, I am just going to go out there and have fun with the people I love improvising with.

It was definitely a weekend not soon to be forgotten.

More importantly, the community is getting a lot out of it. Press, attention, name recognition, and excited young people who want to do what we do.

Last year, the festival spawned new groups and excited performers, I can't wait to see what this festival will do within the next year.

No comments: