5/31/2008

Improv got me this internship

Last night was the first Buzz Under the Stars of this summer season. Let me back up. Back in March I interviewed for an intern position at the Buzz, a local radio station. Apparently it is actually pretty tough to get in there. Then again, there are 18 interns this summer, so who knows. Anyways, during the interview, they noticed my improv background, smiled, and asked me all sorts of questions about it. In fact, they implied that it would really help my chances of possibly writing, producing, or even being on-air. (Even though the intern position is for marketing and promotions.) Fast forward, I finally met Jason, and told him hello from Jared and Lisa. (My in, a mutual friend mwhaa haa!) While I was talking to him, I talked with a board operator and producer and they both mentioned that I could train to be a board operator after the internship. Fricken sweet. Thanks improv.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it Jason Jeffries? If so, say hi from me, too. If not, don't.

Jared Brustad said...

How sweet that is!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know Jason Jeffries, too. He's a good guy. Tell him I said hi, also. Unless of course it's not Jason Jeffries. Then don't.

Jared Brustad said...

It's not Jason Jeffries.

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Jason Jeffries works for 98.9 as Jake the Phone Snake.

Anonymous said...

Is it Jason Voorhees? If so, run for your life! If not, do what you want.