2/18/2008

Wait...Improv-Abilities is 8 years old now???

The show saturday was great. There were only 30 people in the crowd, but they were a very energetic crowd. They came ready to laugh, and we delivered. The short form blended well with the Sketch, and we didn't lose any energy when we switched to long form. We were focused and worked as a team. It wasn't perfection, but it was pretty close to a perfect show. The best part about the show is that I can't name one individual that did better than anyone else. It truly was a team effort for this show. Everyone had their game face on for sure saturday night.

Not to take anything away from the show, but the coolest thing that happened, happened after the show. My best friend recently told his band mates that he would be quitting. Saturday night was his farewell performance with the band. It was a great crowd, most of his friends and family were in attendance, and it was great to see them all. One lady in particular started asking me about how she could get involved with improv here in Kansas City.

Let me rewind the story here. 8 years ago (To this month) Improv-Abilities started, at the time there was Comedy City to take classes and not much else. I had many friends, 8 years ago, ask me how to get started. I would either say Comedy City, or wait for our auditions.

However, on Saturday night, I handed this lady a card that had at least 8 different groups named on them. I still told her about Comedy City, but I told her about City 3 and all of the different events she should try to come to in order to network. It was a proud moment for me to be able to tell her all of the stuff that was going on. Congrats Kansas City!

Oh yah, and Tommy said that Comedy City had sold out shows on Saturday night. Hooray Improv!

2 comments:

sugarbumkin said...

Improv-Abilities is the same age as Leigha. If IA was a little girl it would be obsessed with riding horses and playing internet games such as Webkinz right now. It would also be good at spelling.

Scott said...

What a nice signpost :)