1/09/2008


First, let me just get this out of the way. This is the 50th post of this here blog. Yay...moving on.

Seriously though. I started this blog to talk about the improv scene in Kansas City. I would never say that it is better than any other city, but we are definitely making strides to at least increase awareness of it here in KC.

Today, in the Shawnee Neighborhood News section of The Star, there was a picture of the Shawnee Mission South High School improv group and the Blue Valley North High School improv group. Wow! I just have to say that I am very glad to see that they even have groups. Some of the names underneath the photo in the caption were recognizable from the festival workshops list.

Monday was the last chance Tommy and I had to rehearse for the upcoming Improv Thunderdome. I have to say that we are not 100% ready, but we are doing this for fun, and to help improv in general, not to win. It will be a blast no matter what happens. I just hope we turn some people on to other forms of improv and widen the audience just a little bit more.

Last night IA had another great private gig at a church in southern Overland Park. Afterwards, the group even had a lovely Q & A for our group. We mentioned our public shows and the upcoming festival. Word is starting to spread. Maybe we will need a bigger venue this year?

Tonight I have Roving Imp rehearsal. Saturday is Improv Thunderdome. This week is just getting better and better

4 comments:

Jared Brustad said...

Happy 50th, y'old man!!!

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Congrats on making it to 50! You're more diligent than many others out there. I have a question, though. Were my comments on the previous post deemed inappropriate? They haven't been posted and, subsequently, there has been no reply. Just curious.

improvclown said...

Pete, I have to say I am not sure what you are talking about. I receive an email when someone leaves a comment, and if it is someone I know, I always post it. No matter what. There must have been a computer error. Try the comment again, I never received it. I definitely see your other comments, sometimes I respond, sometimes I don't. Are you refering to any specific one?

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Ugh. I posted a relatively lengthy reply under the Recap post. I can't recreate it all from memory, but let's talk sometime and I'll lay out the gist.