10/31/2007

Looking Forward

As many of you know, I got myself into a lot of groups, just to learn that I should only concentrate on a few. Well, the new year will definitely be a lighter load for me. I quit two groups, leaving me involved with only 2, I am also planning on taking a step back from City3 produced shows in order to focus on Improv-Abilities now as well. Comedy City is still very easy, show up, play and get paid...can't quit that. Imporv-Abilities will have a make or break year in 2008 with KCWE commercials, and a higher concentration on good shows in order to create awareness and buzz for our shows. Hard work, but I am willing to try it. If it doesn't show growth and potential, I am sure that a lot of people will quit for better opportunities. Sad but true.

So in 2008 I will be in IA, CC, and occasionally, an On The Spot when needed. There is also something coming up called an Improv Thunderdome where improv guru Tommy Todd and I will try our hand at some 2 person long form. I am pretty excited to try this out and to participate in the event. 9 teams enter...1 team survives. These are merely side projects that will not take up much time and effort, so I feel justified quitting the 2 groups and still participating in these events.

On top of that 2 person long form, Tommy Todd and I have started recording some video sketches for a new fun challenge. Pretty soon we will create our own youtube channel, but I will definitely post the videos here as well...stay tuned! Again, this is not something that is taking up a lot of time and committment, so I feel comfortable doing these things.

As always, I will post links to all of the groups I am involved with on the sidebar, and I will definitely plug events here to keep you all posted.

On a final note, I still want to rejoin Roving Imp. I have to see what the new year brings in terms of time and committments with the other groups and projects, but if I can squeeze it in without feeling overwhelmed, then I have to try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give up now. Save face. Look at it this way, now that you and Tommy are going first, at least you can say you were the opening act for the good team, Loaded Dice.