1/07/2009

IA Rehearsal

Last night was a very good rehearsal. We each talked about what we wanted to focus on and what we wanted to get better at, as individuals, within the group.

Nathan brought up a great point to me. He said that when he first started with IA, that I was the guy he wanted to be like. Not for being good at improv, but because I was a leader in the aspect of excitement about improv, and the overall group in general.

I have definitely lost some of that excitement. Some of it comes from spreading myself out there between many other groups, but most of it comes from my own selfishness.

No matter what the excuse, that translates onto the stage. I need to get back to that place again. I want to be an addicted improviser again. I want to be as excited as I once was. I definitely want to be looked up to as a role model for those coming into the scene.

Otherwise...how will we get others excited about it?

No comments: