7/12/2008

Comedy City Last Night

It was Comedy City's first show at the new venue. (The Westport Flea Market) I will go ahead and get all of the negative stuff out of the way.

-Parking was tough
-The theater was not clearly labeled or advertised from the street
-From what I overheard, there has been little to no advertising for the new place, or that Comedy City even moved for that matter.
When and if it sells out, there are seats on the side of the stage, so it makes for bad sight lines.

But you know what, that's it. Everything else was great. Luckily, I was on a team with Nick Rigoli, so we had a blast. The place was packed because it was a private bought out show. But, they have no reservations tonight because of the lack of advertising...ugh. The stage is okay, the lights are great, the sound booth is great. I really have no complaints at all about the venue overall. It has potential.

Let's face it, I am doing improv because I love to do it. When it isn't fun there anymore, I will leave, and I had fun last night.

4 comments:

Jared Brustad said...

I'm glad you had fun, Keith.

What were the teams? Were they still 2 on 2?

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

No advertising from Comedy City. Shocking!

Caroline said...

Step one: update the directions on the web site and Google maps.

Anonymous said...

you're working under the assumption that comedycity knows they have a website.