5/19/2008

Something beginning, something ending

Friday's meeting went really well. Pete couldn't make it, but Trish, Rob, Nick, and myself all had similar ideas for what we wanted to accomplish as a Thunderdome team. We will be rehearsing a few ideas in the first 2 rehearsals and go from there. It is such a great cast of improv experience, I have to say I feel a little privileged to be a part of such a great group. Thank goodness they said yes to my request to play with them.

Saturday Night Live had their season finale this weekend. Can I just say, for the past few weeks, I have really become a Kristin Wiig fan. Her dedication to her characters is astounding. On top of that, they are all so different. She is definitely great at character work, which is something I am a huge fan of, since it is something I challenge myself to do. On another note, she isn't bad at impersonations either...which is really what character work is anyway.

I advise you to check out some of her characters on SNL.

Her Suze Orman impression is dead on.

Update-I just found out that SNL is going to be doing 22 episodes in season 34 to make up for the strike last year.

1 comment:

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Did you mean finale? I agree with you about Kristin Wiig. From the a-hole couple sketches to her role in the infamous "Dick in a box" sketch, she has always shown something that I appreciated or enjoyed. Some of the characters get annoying after awhile, but that is more a result of the desire to milk something as a writer than it is a performance issue.