4/05/2008

First Friday

I started at Trish's place to watch some professional improv: UCB's ASSSCAT and TJ & Dave. It was great to watch that stuff and see them having fun on stage, while also being patient as hell. I have a new challenge, slow down, and enjoy the scene, don't blow through it so quickly.

Then we hurried over to catch the last show IA performed at First Friday, I made it in such good time that I got to play. The audience was great, the venue was great, it is going to be something we do for awhile I would bet. We definitely learned a lot from this first show, but like I said, the audience response was great. There were 60 people when I got there at 10 and they stayed for the rest of the night.

Good things are starting to happen for IA. Something I have always complained about, was the lack of audience. Wednesday's at Famous Johnny's are starting to really pick up. I guess last Wednesday we had another 40 people or so. That's two weeks in a row...whoo hoo! First Friday's was definitely a success, and I am sure that it will be again next week, hopefully we can secure a longer tenure there after June. Last but not least, there is also that little nugget of us going to the Chicago Improv Festival as an apprentice team...sorry Pete, That is AWESOME.

No comments: