2/04/2008

Catching up on the past few days

Sadly, The OTS show was cancelled Saturday night, but I had a great time watching Scriptease (aka Fakers, aka good Exit 16 alums) do some good short form. We also got to see their piece for Thunderdome on Friday. It will play very well to the crowd. Man, it's going to be a good show! After the Scriptease show most of the improvisers went out and had a great time talking about the upcoming festival and the improv community in general. You see, we used to have these events called Improv get togethers. We were on version 4.0 I believe. It is time to kick those up again real soon. Never have I been and not had a good time, or got to meet someone new from the improv community. In fact here is a picture from one of the first get togethers: (Trish took it)


The Festival meeting went very well. It is almost as if we are ahead of schedule at this point. We learned a lot from last year, so I think most of the work is done for us already because of it. There will be much more news in the next coming months about the festival so stay tuned!

I swear there will be another Tommy and Keith video soon. I am finishing up one so it could be up by tomorrow.

Also, on Trish's blog, she mentioned that Tim Mason has made it onto the Second City ETC Stage. Why is this important? Oh I don't know, he started in Trish's old High School League, and played with her Lighten Up Improv Comedy Theater group. Just another great guy from Kansas City making a name for himself up in Chicago.

1 comment:

sugarbumkin said...

Improv get together sounds like a blast, I hope they do start that up again.

Scriptease was great tonight at the Thunderdome rehearsal, I'm interested in seeing what Friday will bring.