1/03/2008

Last night at Roving Imp was everything I wanted out of a rehearsal. The coaching was fantastic, John was on top of his game and really helped out all of the players after each game. We got to discuss it ourselves and then he gave us his point of view. He is also doing a great job with players who haven't improvised before. He is giving them just enough so that they don't feel overwhelmed. It is exciting to watch people learn from him.

I definitely feel a part of that team as well. It helps to know most of them from other events, but still, I never felt nervous on stage with any of them. The trust was there. In fact, I will go out on a limb and say that last nights long form practice was one of the best I have ever experienced. I wish there could have been an audience there, because it was beautiful. It was seamless, there was no confusion on stage, and the characters relationships were solidified from the beginning.

Roving Imp has it going on and nobody outside of the improv world knows it yet. I can't wait to see the continued growth, and hopefully that means in attendance as well.

In other news, Tommy and I practiced our long form for the thunderdome coming up. It is still very exciting. If anything it is just an absolute blast to play with Tommy. I definitely learned a lot from Mr. Jared with his great side coaching. It is always great to have someone there for a different perspective. We are going to rehearse 1-2 more times to work out the kinks before the show on the 12th.

2008 is looking very good so far to me.

1 comment:

sugarbumkin said...

Last night really was a good rehearsal. I felt we did a lot of great stuff. Glad you could be there!