11/26/2007

aaaand we're back

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know I did. I had to do a lot of traveling, but it was worth it for the food!!! Just kidding, it was great to see the family.

I have to admit, it was nice to have a break from improv for awhile, and I do mean a break. I didn't even think about it for a good 5 days. Thursday morning was the last time I thought about it during the Turkey Bowl. (It wasn't the same without you Corey)

I feel refreshed. I had a lot of me time, which I think is exactly what I needed. Now I can go to the City 3 board meeting tonight excited again for improv in Kansas City. Not depressed about it like I have been the past few weeks. I have realized it is time to remain positive no matter what. I get to do what I love, and sure, maybe the audience is small, but I am having a blast, and that is all that matters. If it wasn't fun, then what would be the point.

Besides, maybe the audience isn't expanding, but the community is. 5 years ago there was one improv theater. (Comedy City) Now there are two. (Roving Imp) 5 years ago there were maybe 3 legitimate improv groups. Now, I can't even count how many groups are doing this at least once every 2 months or so. So there, positivity back on track.

Moral of this story. Thank God for Thanksgiving break. I think we all needed it.

No comments: